Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Monday, August 4, 2014

On the road back from Heaven, Uncle showed me the "Halleluia Bank".

He said, I can't go in there, cause you got to have a certain investment amount and his didn't meet the minimum. He said, You can, though. I'm still saving up my Halleluias. I said with a tremendous excitement for being able to get in; Thanks Unc. for showing me this, I'm going in right now!

You can't just go in, you know an envelope shaped Halleluia comes to take you in. You have to shrink to the size of your investment. I was shrunk to a little and very narrow person. Almost see through in thickness, just like a piece of paper. I slipped myself into the envelope and I couldn't see Uncle anymore. We flew into the building and I felt strengthened in an instant.

This is highly unusual, said the angel who let me out of the envelope elevator. You are entirely too thin to be here. What can we do for you? I don't have enough halleluias and I need to make a withdrawal. I guarantee you that we can put meat on your transparency in halleluias. She said, halleluia is the highest praise that we can give to God and each time that we are praising, we are not adding one thing to him we are laying up treasures in heaven. I heard that before somewhere, I said. But, I'm not sure that I believed it like I do now. She said you are transparent here because your tears are outnumbering your halleluias, so you are nearly a vapor of praise in this place and I am surprised that you could stand the change in constitution to get into this place. I promise you, that we will grow your halleluias so that when you get here or the new heaven and earth happen, we never know which it will be first, or who from your earth will translate to or from new to old. I know, I said. {I didn't really know, I just said that to say something} I think I was in shock at the information that she was sharing. It was very quiet, there. Where are the halleluias, I asked? She said, we have many different kinds that you can see. Different kinds? Surely, we have an infinite amount of kinds of halleluias. Your account is filled with "sacrifice of" Halleluias. Don't you know how to praise when you are really happy? You have a few, but that is why you are nearly completely vaporized in this room.

When you get to heaven in your time, I do hope you will have started to praise God in real and fullness of joy. I said I came here to get some halleluias out of the bank. I know and you really need them. You are low, look how short you are. I looked in the mirror and I was really only one inch tall. The angel had condescended to my lowliness. She wrote me a prescription of one dose of Mississippi Mass every day as directed by your Halleluia Angel.

She opened a drawer and we jumped in and it was a pool of Hallelias. We swam and rejoiced in great measure, till I was tired and I had to sleep. She said, It really does take something out of you, if you are not used to it, for humans there are so many deceptions from praise. I better get in halleluia shape, hadn't I, I said. You need a nap. I laid on the couches next to the pool and fell fast asleep. They started fanning me. Shaking their heads at me, they said, the Lord is really doing a work on her. I just rolled over and fell back to sleep.

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09