Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Friday, August 8, 2014

I had forgotten that I had so many Halleluias in my pocket...

It suddenly occurred to me that I might have dropped a couple of them unwittingly. I took some of them out of my pocket to count them and they flew up right out of my hand. Don't do that, said Uncle. Put those withdrawals back in your pocket; they will find their way back into the bank, if you don't. Oh dear, I was disappointed at the loss of a couple of Halleluias, but I knew that I would see them again.

I had always thought that the sacrifice of praise and the glad adoration were the same weight. Glad adoration is weighty and sacrificial praise swiftly rise. I am glad that I didn't have to go to glad adoration bank or I couldn't have even carried one of those halleluia's home. That is the amazing thing about praises, said Uncle, You carry them or they carry you, either way, you are still moving heavenbound, eh? I didn't really know what that meant, but I would find that out in a little while.

Uncle wanted me to tell him about the sad adoration pool that I had spent so much time in. I told him how tired I had gotten and how they were so patient with my inability and smallness. He said angels are great at building people up. He said that he hadn't met any that were abrupt, but they all seem to have all the time in the world. We laughed when we thought about that reality. I guess they do have all the time in the world to oversee, this way or that?

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09