Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Love and the Recalcitrant 2 year olds!

I used to be 2 years old...That was 52 years ago. I used to rebel against sleep, rather regularly.

Now it is my job to put babies and recalcitrant 2 year olds to sleep, every day. Work them out really hard and then lay them down. If you did your job right, they will fall right out. And then there is a day like yesterday. My two favorite little ladies were insistent that naptime was and is optional. Nope! Nope! That is recalcitrant, as far as I am concerned. You are tired and if you don't take a nap, the fights in the afternoon will be worse than the fights in the morning.

Natty was talking to her imaginary friend, who I think I know very well. She has been talking to him, since I've met her. Kara was commentating the news of the day, as usual. Take a nap! Noooooo! Put your head down! Nooooo! Be quiet? That is when my mind starts recounting the endless nights of punishments at the foot of my mother's bed, when my optional bedtimes were beyond her patience level.

I did shows with my sisters. We sang and memorized songs. We had kick-fights. We had tickle fights, we set our own rules, when we could. Her tummy could only move so fast. My knees are my limitation and I love the look, when they are trespassing on my patience level and they know it. What goes around comes around? Love, look at us. Loving one another into nap-time. Loving one another into a rest, that we need. Love, look at us. Here we are again, imaginary friends, newsrooms and debates in our bedroom as though the world was living in our bedroom or our nap room. Such fun to have 2 year old friends. Go to sleep, now! NOOOOOOO!

If you can't beat em, join em! Okay, Charlie and Steedy, let's show them how its done.

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09