Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Monday, September 1, 2014

Is it safe or out to be late for church, talking on contraption to one's sister?

What an amazing debate the heaven's had over that issue? Some hands said safe, some said out. You will need that fellowship. You are missing out. Sure enough the final analysis was a significant "out!" You will always lose if you put God second, no matter who or what. Okay, I will accept the call!

I came downstairs first thing and the uncles were enraptured in a tremendously deep game of chess. What are you doing here today? I asked. Like their female counterparts, they gave me that look of consternation that I would have the temerity to ask such a question of them. Helen was, as usual trapsing around like a ballerina and a new face had come to join the tumult. A bold and brash woman walking back and forth looking for a spinning wheel. What have you given up spinning, she said? Where is it? I had no idea who this bold, Barbara Stanwyck type woman was until she sat at my computer and a spinning wheel appeared where my computer had been. I wanted to drop to my knees in near worship. Louisa? I asked. I said have you stopped spinning? You have such a new fangled spinning wheel and you feel that you can take days and weeks off your spinning. By the time she had finished telling me that, she had spun a spool off to give me and threads were going through my lattices every which way into the sky and down into the earth. She is such an experienced heavenly "spinster" that I have even a greater respect than I had had before. Poof! She was gone. The uncles and Helen, too. It is time to start your day.

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09