Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Polywolydoodle Lunch!

Nosey bunch of birds we have. They are always showing off, what better control they have of their circumstances, than I have. The robin families were having a picnic and they were startled by me staring at them. They don’t mind being glanced at but they refuse to be stared at. My loss, for sure. I sat their thinking what did I do and Ms. Bluejay got me back big time. She came up right behind me to cast a large shadow which startled me as well. See! She said, that is how it feels to them. I am sorry. She nearly lost her twig, from laughing at me. Then she began to flit around to show me her swift reflexes. She had nearly caught the twig in the air. I will be “bird donned” if I will let you make me lose a well chosen twig for my birdlings. I was apologetic, but lest I think that she was just “butter beaked” this morning. She came back and chose another one right in front of me and flew it away to her nest with a flit of her tail. I hope that you have learned your lesson about scaring my friends the robins. I had.


So the Blackbirds took it in hand to introduce me to the ropes as to why the robins are so touchy about me watching them. Ms. Blackbird said, watch me. I am not going to catch that moth, but watch me stalk him. The moth traversed up over the building and the Blackbird made her presence very known to the moth. That is what the robins think that you are doing. Pop Blackbird schooled us that even though you ain’t got timeliness which is something that can keep you out of our troops, he says you’s a good person. If there can be said to be one. Anyways, we’s allowed to tell you stuff. When we is doin our routines, we stays focused on Pop and pop only. It ain’t that we don’t sees you lookin, but the robins, they ain’t got the same kind of routines we’s got, you see. So you is startl’n dem every time you look at dem." I understand, I answered. Very happy for the schoolin on that. Ms Bluejay just criticizes and she doesn’t tell me the ropes, she thinks that there is some sort of secret that the birds ain’t supposed to tell humans, is that right?
No, said Ms. Blackbird, its just that she likes to keep one up on you and then she flew away.

The birds are very nosey and they try to know everything about people, but they only give some information about themselves. I am not sure why.

The Tigger tree was swaying in the breeze and the tulips were dancing the 3rd of their daily shows. I caught them while I enjoyed my lunch.

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09