Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mrs. Robin so loves the NC Spring...

She remains the socialite for the entire outside of the building. She has complete control of the social calendars of all of the young couples these days. They don't know what else to do, now that they've gotten over the arguments about the social habits of the Northern vs. the Southern birds. Yesterday, she gave me a surprise party and it was so sweet. The whole lot of them were cooking something up, while I was on my first break. Mrs. Robin gave me a glaring look, as though they had planned this, for quite a while and I hadn't accomodated them. I had on nice shoes and hadn't been out walking. They were all angry with me and told me to go away.
I was nearly so offended, that I didn't want to walk on the second break that I had. Overcoming my lazy bent, I walked around and the robins seemed inordinately aware of my movings. They seemed to mark my every step and kept popping one of them who was accidentally shouting surprise after every turn. I thought that they incorporated me into some new game of theirs and concentrated on my own concerns and worries and calculations.
Mommy doesn't see, I heard Mrs. Robin say, That is why we have to help her. I started looking around at that, trying to figure out what would interest them that I see. I don't dig in the dirt anymore, I thought, what could they be referring to?
When I made the third turn and little robin yelled surprise for the 5th time, I wasn't startled at all and I wasn't looking, but that was when they all sat down in formation, on the side of the building. I just went back to my prayers and concerns to God and kept walking. Just then I saw them and my mouth flew wide open in shock and surprise, the most precious gift of the day, next to Ezra's drawing. A small bunch of newly bloomed daffodils, the first of the season were just popping out. "We knew you would do that. Aren't they beautiful?" they said and then they went back to their fun and play. Mrs. Robin hung around to reprove me for not walking in heels and how she almost spoiled the surprise herself, when she saw me finally out there. We had a really nice lunch together.

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09