Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Sunday, February 1, 2009

It makes me sentimental

When I pass that precious tree where I first chaperoned the bluejay couple. They have never spent an hour in my view eyeballing one another since. Now they are so independant of eachother. Ms. Bluejay coaches me on my figure and how to show off to my husband and children. Today she embarrassed me right in front of my Sunday school class. If you take one more bite of that cupcake I am coming right through the glass! she snorted at me. I didn't listen, but I should have. I am glad she is my friend like that. They kept all the other parts of their family secret to me and have never introduced me to their children like the robins. But anything about love and showiness, if there is some kissy face stuff or new smushy couple ways they've started they seem to say, lets show this one off to Jayne. I just love it.
The branch is now sacred and even when they go to that tree to talk and powwow, they don't touch that branch. That is the branch where they found eachother in eachother's eyes. Who you are in love is who you are in eachothers' eyes and they fly in that identity. I guess I learned that from the bluejays and they carry me with them as they spend eachother on eachother. Don't forget the branch where we found eachother they always say to me...

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09