Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Robin baby shower...

was a sight to behold.
It was just the right temperature, neither too hot or too cold outside, on that day in April when I accidentally crashed the robin baby shower, outside my job.
A gracious hostess, Mrs Robin offered me some worm pudding and I declined, as politely as I know how with a friend of her high status and gracious acquaintance. She was juggling all of the family and stubborn Mr. Robin was doing his darndest to mess up the party. He seemed upset that he hadn't her undivided attention.
When I got there, He was deep in a temper tantrum and she was not consoling him as she usually does, she was rebuffing him. She said it is not everyday that my family comes into town to visit and this may be the only time these little ones get to see the entire family together, now you stay or go out, if you like, but I am going to host the family.
He flew away in a huff and Mrs. Robin's mother gave her such a cute peck on the beak after that performance that I had wished that I had had a camera to catch it. It seems Mrs. Robin has no problem being bossy, when she wants to and is learning to be kind and submissive to Mr. Robin, because she loves him and he is a high-maintenance relationship. She does it beautifully. I was so in awe of how she juggled all of those elements that I was almost late from my break...again.

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09