Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Friday, July 11, 2008

I walked around the bend,

past the columns that house the "angel flutes" and I saw a bird flitter off, seemingly in a huff. My curious mind, just assumed that Mr. and Mrs Robin had had a spat and that he was off again, in his attitudy way. As I got closer to Mrs. Robin, I was poised with another pittious plattitude about the difficulties of maintaining a relationship. It is none of my business, except that she is my friend and everything. With all that we've been through together, I think I should say something about the bickering that I have seen them engaged in daily during this egglaying and nest building seasons. I wanted to ask her, if this is a particularly difficult laying season or is it always like this with him.
She saw pity on my face and chimed right in, not allowing me to say a word. I would've invited you to tea today, but we never know when you are coming around the bend. Mr. Blackbird came for tea today and as you can see we chose the best picnicking spot for our oldest and dearest friend."
I was off-base completely, and there was Mr. Robin, behaving himself beautifully and helping with the clean-up from the beautiful teaparty with Mr. Blackbird...
silly me.

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09