Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Remembering Day One!

Well, it isn’t as though I haven’t had a lot of experience caring for children.” Answered while doing my makeup and preparing for the first day at my new job. "You are not doing it right”. Was Emily’s curt answer. Look at you, makeup? For babies? You are dressed all wrong. Those babies will grab that skirt right off of you the first thing. Why are you wearing a skirt. Babies are dirty little things that you have to wipe poop and drool and spit up off of. Oh shut up Emily, was my answer as I finished my discussion with her. I have a funny feeling about these children. I have that feeling like I am going to fall in love with someone today. It is a funny feeling deep inside my heart... I kissed her on the cheek, like the day before I had you.  I squeezed her now grown up nose until she said owwwwww! I put my make up on and I did my hair and then I went to the hospital. I am in a kind of love labor and that is why I am dressed like this today.
With that short semi-argument, I got in the car with a quiet prayer for God’s great help and proceeded to my first day at the daycare…
For background, I did all I could do to keep my children out of daycare. It was a bad word in my house, growing up and never in a million years would I have said when I grow up I want to be a daycare worker. Menial labor, was my expectation of the work, but necessity had put us to this.

I just couldn’t find anything else. I will make the best of this sorry financial and jobless situation.

Emily wasn’t making it any easier. She kept asking me why I did every little thing that I did as a kind of good luck symbol, for an expectation of better things before us. I was really excited about what I would be learning, but I wasn’t at all deceived that. It wouldn’t be tedious and multiple stinky diapers a day, we’re not at all my fondest part of the expectation.


No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09