Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The goose family entertain my brooding.

The goose family was very persistent in teaching their 6 chicks how to dig for worms on the side of the pond. Mrs Goose kept the children at their lessons, when I passed yesterday. Father Goose was surprised that I didn’t stop and admire his busy and happy family. It wasn’t that I didn’t admire them, I didn’t want to mess up the lessons that they were obviously so engrossed in. Are you going to mess up our class, He looked at me. I said I would never interrupt Mother Goose directing her chicks. They finished their class and found me, later as I was sitting and stewing at being late for my own baby’s awards ceremony.
I can never forget the breathtaking feeling when I accidentally turned to the back of the program for graduation and saw that I was the general excellence medal winner. I didn’t hear another thing at the ceremony. Elizabeth, tapped me from the end of the aisle. Jayne, you are the general excellence. I can’t believe it. Nobody knew that I was. I kept my grades to myself as much as possible. I thought Joy would be the general excellence. She read so fast and well, out loud. I always stuttered when I could hear my own voice and my face got hot, if it were anything that we had to do in public. How could Jayne be general excellence, when her handwriting looks like special ed? That was a good question. I did work hard

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09