Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I was determined to see the sunrise, this morning.

I was so glad that I had taken my glasses along with me. There was all kinds of scribbling in the sky that I couldn't decipher. Where is Brother Marius? I asked to myself. He would never have all this love talk going on, in His watch? I thought that there was no moon, because of all of the scribblings and then peeking, one little sliver of moon pulled the covers from over her head. Oh, no! she moaned. Is it noon already, we never see you till midday? Oh no, Miss Moon, I decided to watch some sunrise this morning. I can't get up yet. I am much too tired. With that she pulled the covers back over her head and went to sleep.
I kept waking her with my noisy feet and knee. Is that your knee clicking like that? Go to sleep, I implored, I promise I will be as quiet as I can. By the way, who is on cloud duty, I can't read it. She said there is a duck lover who decided to write the sales and a map to the best eats in the neighborhood for the ducks, they can read it. and then she pulled the covers back over again.
It was clearer, since she said that. I do see a duck and the lines of where the food could be found. It was clearly lined up perfectly and in some sort of language, but nothing that I had seen before. I guess you have to be a morning sky reader to understand the jokes that they write in the morning sky, down here.
I know that the ducks will appreciate the newscast and the coupons for where they can find the best eats, for their buck, but I do like it when you put Brother Marius on cloud duty, the sky is so clean then. Oh, I guess I will have to wake up then said Miss Moon and she woke up and pushed the covers away from her head. Have a good day, I said. She said, I will, hope to see more of you. Maybe, I said.

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09