Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Monday, March 23, 2009

Yesterday, Mr. Sparrow,

Let me know in no uncertain terms that he was severely offended at me. It is not often that the sparrows get offended. They are not like the bluejays who constantly are aware of themselves. Ordinarily they are oblivious to me and anything that I am doing. I know that we are friends by the fact that they never poop on my stoop and they visit me on their rounds every day.
They haven't come, yet this morning, by the way. Yesterday, however, I thought that I would get rid of one of my daughter's, supposedly edible creations, by sending a piece of it out the back door for my friends the sparrows, who are starting a family not far from here.
Our dog wouldn't eat it for treats it had turned very hard and I was afraid that if we threw it in the trash Elyse would be offended. Well, Mr. Sparrow, had my head, so to speak. He came to my mail box and sat out there on it as if to say that his wing was on his hip. How dare you try to poison my sweet wife with that cement that you threw out to us. A few choice words followed that and then he flew off and suffice it to say that he hasn't been back since. I guess he doesn't like the old corned bread experiment. shhhh, I didn't tell my daughter that they were so offended...

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09