Now we see through a glass darkly

Now we see through a glass darkly
Helen Keller and her mother exemplified in the Miracle Worker

Friday, August 8, 2008

On a very weary day...

I walked around the building and stopped to see Mrs. Robin and Mr. Robin flitting from branch to branch in a playful romp beside the building. I was very discouraged this day because of circumstances and my demeanor was evident of that. Mrs. Robin was in the mood for giving me some instruction on controlling my relationship.
She flitted to the tree next to me and pooped right in front of me. That was the very first time she had done this. Mr. Robin flew completely the opposite direction and then flew to the top of the building as if to say, this is a bird joke, it is over your head. The point was that all of the mess that we worry about is just poop. She was showing me that what she usually does in private; she had to show me, to let me know that everything is going to be alright. You are leaning on that building right there as though you don't have a God in heaven. We are flying and trust God for every flap. What are you worrying about? I imagined her saying.
The two of them crack me up. "That is a bird joke..."

No comments:

jayne c walker's

___________________________________________________________






_________________________________________________________________________________________________<>Robins Don't LeanBluejays Don't Beg

For the Birds?

For the Birds?
click on the picture to for an Evvie story.

Sparrow's Spring nest

Mr. and Mrs. Sparrow were caught, by me yesterday, shopping together for a new home. They flitted and flirted, just outside my window. Talking and discussing and lovingly disagreeing, if not arguing the benefits and the pitfalls of living at our house.
Mrs. Sparrow was very impressed with the 2 "ready made" nests hung outside our window. Mr. Sparrow hadn't even thought of them as "ready-made" nests. He used them for the provision of building materials for the private home that he had in mind in a surprise and hidden place. He doesn't like the openness, at all, of our porch. It's much too populated. When Mr. Sparrow gets it into his mind to give his sweet chicky a peck, he wants the freedom to do it without a bunch of younguns peeking over the nest to see what comes next.
Mrs. Sparrow was impressed that the porch was fully protected from hailstones. We all know what happened to a great many of last years' nests in that surprise hailstorm we had. Male birds seem to have a very short memory for storms. They have only one thing in mind in the nest building season... 03/09